Monday, February 13, 2012

Day in Status

Nobody has a case of the Mondays here. This day is so full of dimension. It's like...the multiverse all squeezed into one not even 24-hour period. Holy. Cow.

So, I've decided to write about this day as I could have on Facebook, via status. Several statuses to surround the two that actually came out of it. Ahem.

______________________________

Headed to Natalie's bright and early to see Ruth before she heads back to Ireland!

Ruth Burke is probably one of the coolest ladies I've ever met. One more adoration-based non-serious girl-crush to add to the list.

Didn't lose my students' homework this time. Progress.

V-Day DOES exist in Ireland! Tralee and Dublin are both winners.

Note to self: learn solo in Turn the Beat Around. Look less non-Hispanic during choir rehearsal.

VAGINA TALENT SHOW. NOW.

Weekend with Travis and Stephanie a.k.a coolest couple ever? Yes, please.

I'm over it too.

6-month-old frozen soup? Microwave? Dinner.

We have more olives in this house than does the nation of Greece.

When in doubt, make a 'soup' out of peanut butter and chocolate syrup. Add marshmallows.

I should probably stop blogging and start studying Gravitational Astrophysics.

_______________________________

...and then I realized that none of this actually scratches the surface of what really went on today, because these things aren't things that I could exploit on Facebook in a status.

So here's what happened. I got a chance to chat with, basically, the Irish version of me-ish. And give and receive encouragement and blessings. And literally see tears of gratitude fall, because what we're doing is actually meaningful.

There was a miscarriage today.

There was a cardigan that I probably want to burn.

There were at least three cupcakes.

There was fake crying, real crying, singing, laughing, snapping, and lots of vaginae.

It's a blessing in disguise that I can't see what's going on in the air. I can't see forces colliding and words, thoughts, being personified. I can't see souls for what they really are, and I can't see the invisible things that we can only train ourselves to feel. But, for once, I would perhaps wish for a snapshot. There were battles today. There must have been. This amount of revolutionary talk lends itself to the perfect environment for oppression.

Since I can't see it, I just feel it. And I understand that your prayers are so, so powerful and so are mine. Let's protect each other. Let's hold each other close. Let's make sure that no personal need goes unnoticed. Let's love. Love just in time for V-Day.







No comments: