Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Post-Eire Era

Update: I am in America, currently. Back from a ridiculously successful trip to Ireland, but not really sure what to say. I remember when I got back from Ireland for the first time, I sat down and typed out page after page of memories and stories and...I have just as many things to tell this time, I just would rather tell them to you face-to-face, if you ask. I'll tell you that Ireland is getting better. I'll tell you about the darkness but then I'll tell you about the light that is to come. I'll tell you about the huge amount of power in the land and sea. I'll tell you about the kiddos, about the parents, about the friends and foes. I'll tell you about the team, about the food, about the victories, about the laughter, about the tears, about the unity, about the signs, the wonders, the miracles. If you ask.

Because I'm head-over-heels in love with it; with it and the people within it. If you usually read my documentations of thought, you probably know this already. You know how much I felt like I had to go back. You know how addicted I am. You know how obsessed. You know, so you must know how incredibly good it was for me to breathe Irish air again. But that's all terribly dramatic, isn't it?

As I said, I'm in America. I look and feel like a wild child of the summer, complete with burned nose and wispy, sun-blonde hair. It is good to be home, whatever "home" is. I'm moving back to the university soon, where I will disappear into a void of scheduled pandemonium and all I will have to worry about is achieving seventeen credits of awesome. Well, that and swimming until my lungs give out. And fighting along with the colleagues as hard as ever to eradicate the existence of sexual assault. And grading a zillion math papers. And all the things that I do.

But when all of that smoke clears away, and I take with me the things I learn and the memories and friendships and empowerment, support, experience, growth, I will be left with opportunity after opportunity. I have a rough plan, but it's foolish to plan. So, version two of my plan, or Plan B, if you will, is to jump on every opportunity that I have enough sanity for.

So basically just do what I do always. Keep living life. Keep. Living. Life.

Delicious.

No comments: