Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sick Repeat

It's no secret that I'm anxious, that I'm scared. I should be, but I also know that I should also have faith. Faith like Mountains, or even Faith like Potatoes.

I think that when women pray for the hearts of men, it's usually for the heart of a man that they wish to marry someday; a prayerfully-crafted mystical being with rippling muscles and a golden heart, although we know that such a creature might not actually exist in the real world. However, we all know that I'm different from those women. So tonight I think I'll pray for the heart of a man who I do not plan to marry, much less meet face-to-face. The heart of a man who does actually exist. The heart of the man who will read my email tomorrow morning. The heart of the man who will hear my plea, be my judge, and God-willing, be the instigator of an absolute miracle. The heart of a man who works for the FBI-CJIS Division. The heart of a man who will not stumble in to work with a case of "The Mondays". The heart of a man who will be compassionate, who will be understanding, who will be patient, who will be diligent.

That's who I'm praying for.

Because I really, really need this document back.

Delicious

No comments: