Monday, June 30, 2008

Take Two

"...some doubled-over with our worldly pains..."

What a descriptive and full quote. It's amazing how much truth spills forth from this fragment of a Kacy Crowley song.

I can't explain why. If I did try, I'd just sound like a pity party and nobody likes that.

Simply this, though: we are doubled-over. There is so much to carry; there always has been for as long as I can remember now. How can we not be doubled-over? It's so heavy. It's all so heavy; mine and ours. It's all so strange and although it's so unfortunate, we find ourselves with so much junk that we don't need. In the midst of the poverty, we're living like kings and queens.

I'd trade it for stability, for happiness.

Delicious.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

And maybe I could steal that title away from you? Girlfriend that plays the piano in her white sunglasses has had "Badass of the Year" award for many years.