Friday, March 21, 2008

Face the Sea

For one reason or another, this is another day in which I miss the sea desperately. Not just the sea, but the shore that lines the sea. Not just the shore, but the land is held in the arms of the shore. And not just the land, but the radiance that accompanies the land. I yearn for Salthill today.

Anyway...

Quite a number of monumental events have occured in the past few weeks.

Monumental event #1: Brighton Beach Memoirs opened and closed. It was a fantastic show; the last one in high school that I will take completely seriously.

Monumental event #2: I joined the Water Polo team. Enough said there.

Monumental event #3 is just too big to type for the likely reason that the keyboard might just spontaneously combust. Perhaps I shall enlighten at a later time.

So...today I colored Easter eggs so gorgeously, but honestly...overall it hasn't been a particularly gorgeous day. To add icing on the cake of yearning and constantly different wavelengths, it snowed three inches. Correction-- is currently snowing three inches. Just as soon as the grass turned green again and the sun shone bright again. It won't stay long, but I'm so sick of white.

Not a day to beg for pity, but just a discontent-existence day. That's all it is, so don't cry for me, Argentina.

But you know what? It's looking up already. Pancakes for supper. :]

Delicious.









No comments: