Monday, October 01, 2007

That Inevitable Tribute

So. Once again, two precious, precious lives have been taken from us.

As usual, I didn't know them well.

But I was there...I saw Josh when...I was at Barakel when we all heard the news about David.

As Madeline said it: "I was good until now."

It was news that nobody wants to hear, but we thought it would be the extent of bad news for the Shrauger family.

I caught a glimpse of Josh and a glimpse was all I got. Here's to Goodbye...tomorrow's gonna come too soon.

So...what do we do now? We're casting cares, laying burdens, asking why...realizing that, indeed, in the words of Deathcab for Cutie: "It came to me then, that every plan is a tiny prayer to Father Time".

Senses of community are never so alive as they are after a death. Again, I ask, why? Because that's the way it works. Take it or leave it, that's the way it goes.

Life will eventually go on, but it won't be the same.

So here's to Josh and Timothy Shrauger: we will see you again.

No comments: