Saturday, August 18, 2007

Ayudeme.

I keep telling myself not to complain. That I live in America and here in America we have a little thing called unexplainable wealth. That America is the land of the free and the home of the brave. That America is a place worth living in.

But I can't believe any of those things anymore. Jenny G made it impossible to believe that we've got unexplainable wealth. Case in point: Single State Recession. I don't feel free here, and I certainly don't feel brave. It's not worth living here if there is no justice, no freedom, no bravery, no glory, no nothing.

Dear President Bush: I am disappointed. You have disappointed me. You have confused me. I am sorry.

Dear Jenny G: I am angry. You have angered me. You have betrayed me. I am not sorry.

I have to wonder, though, how much of this is the fault of these two lovely politicians. So much here is swept under the rug and hidden. So many lies are told to us. I just can't believe anything that anybody in power says anymore.



One would think that people would get their facts straight before jumping down tax payers' throats and making accusations. One would think.

I look at myself and I have so much, but what I do not have is trust. I am too young to be losing trust in the government, but it's gone. I haven't even grown old enough to vote yet. I still intend to vote, keeping the faintest glimmer of hope that somebody can restore some fairness here. After being in Ireland and seeing the way other people look at us, I am really rather ashamed to be from America. Puts a damper on 'proud to be an American', doesn't it?


"Powerful without equal, rich beyond compare, a spoiled, drunk 15-year-old waving a gun in their face."

That's how they see us. Actually, they see us as a bit more lazy then that. I wonder who lets this happen.

It's probably just a slow, dismal evolution of downward spiraling. I'm so very unexplainably angry. The things that the government has done to my family. The things that they have done to us. Who is in charge here? Do they even know? I can't even explain it. Those awful, awful people. Life was never fair, but I never thought it would feel like this.


To think our forefathers died for this.

No comments: