Monday, July 09, 2007

Meng

I'm seriously considering joining a union against all dial-up internet connections. We'd ban dial-up and make it our mission to install broadband to the world. Or...better yet...make an academic internet connection available to the public. (Okay...maybe not that far because opening up a global public academic internet would screw with the already important things it's being used for...like a live connection from Michigan to Chile where the SOAR telescope is, because we love learning about 30 Doradus and all the other spectacular southern-hemisphere sky things...) But I digress.

Because of this dial-up situation I'm currently in, I still can't post pictures without having to sit here for another four hours waiting for them to load. A slight exaggeration, but you get my jist. I'll venture to the coffee shop probably sometime this week. There, I can speedily upload pictures while downloading classic rock faster than the snail-paced Cat Stevens I'm loading currently.

Dad and I just got back from Charlevoix so I can work...and go to an Ireland meeting...and put cloves in little plastic eggs for the Irish children. Apparently, we're teaching Noah and the easter story...connection? I don't know. It's all good to me

Actually...I have some really, REALLY exciting news.

Like really really.

Really really REALLY really.

The kind of news that makes you want to DANCE!

And no, I'm not pregnant. Not that I have any reason to be pregnant, but to prove it, my right ovary is caving in and, last time I checked, that means I can't have a baby right now.

But this news it better.

And I'll try to do it without going all CApS CRazY and all that crazy middle school crap that middle school girls use to accent their new boyfriend's name on their MySpace.

Here goes...

I raised ALL the money I need to go to Ireland! :) Thank you, thank you, THANK you!

That's...that's it! I leave in 13 days, and counting.

My passport better get it's ass in the mailbox soon.

But other than that...

Delicious. :)

No comments: