Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Already Forgotten

"Looks like the artichoke is steamed!"-Galinda, Wicked


As a birthday present from last October, last night I finally got to go see Wicked. It was amazing. I already knew all the songs and already read the book...but this was way better than I even imagined. I thought I'd leave determined to be in that show, but really, I decided to keep my head on earth that time. I really don't think my life will take me to performance in a Broadway-series show, but I'm just thankful for next year's theatre season. That's what I'm looking forward to, because nothing in the world brings me more joy than opening night.

I've spent this entire week shopping and getting ready to leave on Saturday. I haven't flown in 7 years, never out of the country, and I'm going by myself. Ya know what's funny? I don't think I'm scared anymore. Even if I am connecting through JFK. I have a slight clue what I'm doing, and getting there is half the fun. I still have some scripts and songs to learn, but I have a long flight.

I really can't express my "gratitution"...but mindless and endless thanking really won't mean anything after a while. Just a genuine "Thank You" will suffice, so Thank You.




Delicious.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Have a blast and tell the cute Irish boys I say hello ;)

"Wicked"...what wicked fun. I love performances and performing...there is nothing like it in the world!