Thursday, May 03, 2007

Moving in a Still Life

What an awful and wonderful oxymoron. It describes me when I'm like this; settling back into a rather mundane routine.

Nothing so terribly exciting, yet nothing so terribly mind-numbing. Regular ol' life.

Next stop: Passport. No... Prom. But I don't care about that. I do care about Passport. Passport (and his good friend, $2200) gets me to Ireland. Prom? That only gets me a ticket to listen to bad music, an early trip to Denny's, and a house full of tuckered-out, couch-bound high school and college kids.

I just hope I have enough juice left in me to care about the rest of the school year. Junioritis? Who ever thought of that?

This kind of blind existence only makes me think of the things to come, because I know there's always a calm before a storm, and a valley before a mountain.

Scary? No. I'm excited. If I could fly, I'd fly away as fast as I could...right now.

Delicious.

2 comments:

Nettie said...

But prom is a rite of passage...not that I know. And if you get into any trouble at it I shall kill you :)

Chris (Krissy Latte) said...

Prom is overrated. Enjoy whatever you decide to do...