Friday, April 07, 2006

Because Its Ladies Night, Eat Apple Pie

Prepare for a ridiculously long post, because Spring Break '06 has been the sweetest ever.

Tuesday night was Ladies Night with Brianne, Karis, Adrienne and I. We stayed up till 5 in the AM doing... you're gonna hate me for this... hair and makeup... I know... so girly... but they took out my zillion braids (that was crazy) and straightened it (a feat in itself) so I'm happy. We also found every possible way to annoy the Pterodactyl (aka Bri's brother) who does nothing but watch 8 hours of junk TV every night, make whey protein shakes and take 3 showers a day. We each enjoyed spitting into his whey protein shakes, for the record.

We did so many random things like helping Brianne rake rocks out of the grass (while taking the trash cans to the field on the other side of the road and filling them with rocks just to piss Pterodactyl off) and sitting on Bri's random wall platform thingy and taking pictures.

Are the STARS out tonight?

Speaking of stars, at 5 when we finally went to bed we saw a disappearing-reappearing star out Bri's window. It would shine bright, dim, disappear, grow visible, shine bright, dim, and disappear again. We reached a consensus, after much deliberation, that it was in fact a satellite in an extremely slow orbit that was rotating and reflecting off the sun. Sounds reasonable to me.

The next day we went to Wal Mart and then Johnny Rockets... and dealt with the lady who thought it was cool to give Adrienne her change in quarters. I mean I'm not harping on her as a person, but honestly we were in a hurry and juggling quarters is not my idea of fun. :)

Then we went to the church for Cafe Training from 6-9. I learned how to use a cash register (although NOBODY told me that the change drawer would pop out and bite me) After that Karis and Bri went home and the rest of us watched Narnia until the Behind The Scenes guys kicked us out at 11.

Yesterday at 12:30 I met my drama class at the school to go to Ann Arbor for stage combat training. We got to the U of M Campus Theater Arts building around 2 and stayed until 9. Maestro Chris Barbeau, the guy who trained Robin Williams for Hook, is our instructor so he taught us footwork (advance, retreat, bolaestra, lunge, potanando, stop thrust, ect.), parries, attacks, and other moves like binds, moulanes, and figure eights. It was frickin intense. My joints hurt and my legs are tight but I'll deal.

The best part, though, other than the Maestro's stories, was the car rides. I rode in Mr Whightman's car with Cassy, Matt, and Rachel. We watched A Walk To Remember and when we stopped to get some food on the way back, some crazy things happened.

We stopped at McDonalds and we decided it would be sweet to sword fight with the coffee stirrers and straws... which it was... until I decided that it would be sweeter (no pun intended) to sword fight with my apple pie. Too late did Matt scream "ITS OPEN" and it went flying halfway across the restaurant. I, of course, just shoved it back in the box. No harm done, I always say. Rachel introduced me to the wonderful world of fries dipped in chocolate shakes. Not bad, not bad.

That isnt even the best part.

While turning off of the Webberville exit, the car's transmission quit. Mr Whightman pushed it off the road and then we all pushed it into the nearest gas station, which conveniently, was very near. We decided it would be WICKED AWESOME to swordfight in the gas station parking lot with our bocans, so we did. Much to the confusion of the general public, honks from semis, stares from kids, enjoyment of the bikers, and the age-old "WTF?" look from the teenagers, we four awesome kiddos practiced our footwork, six's, and sequences. Imagine us screaming "ADVANCE! ADVANCE! CROSS OVER ADVANCE! LUNGE, REVOVER BACK! RETREAT CROSS OVER RETREAT! PASS BACK! ADVANCE! BOLAESTRA PASS FORWARD INTO A LUNGE!" It was priceless.

Eventually Cassy's stepmom came and took Matt, Rachel and I home and we were much too excited to be tired anymore.

I have to work some today so I can get money to take Elizabeth out for her birthday tomorrow :) YAY!

I could easily let my past interfere with all this fun. I could easily burst into useless tears, but not today, pal. Not today, because I'm an extremely attractive sword-fighting diva. You dont mess with me, or I'll chop your head off with a single moulane.

Delicious.

Beccanator out.

3 comments:

Nettie said...

Whassa moulane?

Chris (Krissy Latte) said...

i ate your apple pie...

Katie (Olivena) said...

hair and makeup... reminds me of the good old 7th grade parties...