Sunday, November 20, 2005

We'll Get Along Well

Yesterday I went to get my new fishie. I wanted to get a slightly-bigger-then-a-guppy fish... actually I wanted a full grown Oscar or a Pirhana. Pirhanas are seriously the prettiest fish in there, but the fish people said they wouldnt do well in hard water or in our high pH.

I settled with a "baby" Tiger Oscar. He's about 3 inches long, 2 inches high. His name is Tango.

The fish lady told me that Oscars were dramatic fish. I said we'd get along fine. She said he probably wouldnt eat for a week and lay on the gravel and play dead.

He ate just fine, it's the laying down in the gravel and playing dead that he's best at right now.

Everytime I walk in he's either stuck himself to the filter, hanging out by the heater, or hiding behind the castle. Maybe he's just afraid of the giant Finding Nemo poster I put directly behind the aquarium on the wall. I mean, come on, if I was a small fish, I'd be apprehensive about a giant paper shark behind me 24/7.

I think he's just mad at me.

He actually played dead for me once.

I peeked in though, and whenever I'm not looking he's swimming around all fancy-free and whatnot. Spaztic. That's what he is. And moody. Gotta love Tango.

Delicious.

Beccanator out.

7 comments:

Chris (Krissy Latte) said...

i remmeber when i had goldfish in middle school. some of them were cannibals lol. that'd be sweet to get a bunch of piranhas and get a moat...

Melissa said...

Oh, Oscar...I bid you welcome...how cool is that...have you always liked fish Becca?

Nettie said...

Awww, such a cute description.

Katie (Olivena) said...

Thats such a cute name!!

Josh said...

once you get one fish you will get more...if yuo want more, go to aqauria.com

PirateKayle said...

lol I love new fishies!

Lena said...

Heyhey! Yes, I decided to check back again! Aww, poor thing, I'm sorry I haven't been around much. I have a confession to make.....well, check my blogspot :)

x Lena :)