Monday, July 11, 2005

Oh Sweet Civilization...

No, dont get your hopes up. I'm not home for good.

Actually I'm not home at all. I'm at my cousins' cottage... and they have a computer AND a piano. I've died and gone to heaven.

Anyway let me refresh you all on my life thus far.

I've b asically been hanging out with my cousins that were staying at the same cottage as me... yes that's 11, sometimes 12 kids. Fourth of July was fun... I fell in the mud at the parade and it was rather entertaining. Fireworks were beautiful, Fry Fest was fun (this is when my uncle deep-fries about everything imaginable), boating, tubing, skiing... fun stuff.

Except for two days ago...

My darlin cousin Jenny (13) and I were swimming. My cousin Kellie (15) was in the boat. Jenny was trying to get in the boat to see if her towel was in there... and she slipped. I laughed because well.... Jenny's a klutz like me. Kellie was laughing too... but then I heard her say "Oh my gosh Jenny, oh my gosh DONT look at it." But by then Jenny was screaming and screaming. That freaked me out so I got out of the water as fast as I could. Kellie was already running down the dock to get some help. I looked at Jenny and her knee was slit open... and it was deep. When she slipped she slid on the boat and caught her knee on the boat cleat that ripped open her knee. My uncle Dave carried Jen down the dock (which is inconveniently about 320 feet long) and we layed her on a lawn chair. My mom camed out with gauze and abig bandaid but that bled through. Uncle Dave, Kellie, and I went to the hospital with her (This was aout 9:30PM) and by the time we got there the bandaid was soaked through. Thankfully, the doctor saw her right away and she had to get three big stitches in her knee.

That was a scare we all didnt need... but it's okay and Jenny is fine. She's happy she doesnt have to do Tennis for a couple of days :)...

Yeah... right now there arent any more cousins at the cottage... so I'm at my other cousins' cottage. I'm glad, because when its just us we'd half kill eachother.

Well, its an update. And I'm still alive. Woo...

love you

~Becca

14 comments:

Nettie said...

A piano? I didn't know you could use that kind of keyboard. Hee hee. Glad you're doing ok, and Jenny too!

Becca said...

oh haha youre cute

yeah Jenny's fine thanks... I hope Jammy is too! :)

Chris (Krissy Latte) said...

becca, so glad to hear from you and glad to see you're still alive! we've all missed you and while I hope that you have a good time out there, that you'll come back soon. i don't know what i'm going to do when katie is gone for 2 weeks and there's the band camps...

if you guys are gone when I move, i'll be bloody pissed off...

Chris (Krissy Latte) said...

becca, so glad to hear from you and glad to see you're still alive! we've all missed you and while I hope that you have a good time out there, that you'll come back soon. i don't know what i'm going to do when katie is gone for 2 weeks and there's the band camps...

if you guys are gone when I move, i'll be bloody pissed off...

Chris (Krissy Latte) said...

becca, so glad to hear from you and glad to see you're still alive! we've all missed you and while I hope that you have a good time out there, that you'll come back soon. i don't know what i'm going to do when katie is gone for 2 weeks and there's the band camps...

if you guys are gone when I move, i'll be bloody pissed off...

Chris (Krissy Latte) said...

becca, so glad to hear from you and glad to see you're still alive! we've all missed you and while I hope that you have a good time out there, that you'll come back soon. i don't know what i'm going to do when katie is gone for 2 weeks and there's the band camps...

if you guys are gone when I move, i'll be bloody pissed off...

Chris (Krissy Latte) said...

becca, so glad to hear from you and glad to see you're still alive! we've all missed you and while I hope that you have a good time out there, that you'll come back soon. i don't know what i'm going to do when katie is gone for 2 weeks and there's the band camps...

if you guys are gone when I move, i'll be bloody pissed off...

Chris (Krissy Latte) said...

sorry i hate my computer. i also hate my tolerance level to wait til it all comes out. my bad...

Melissa said...

YAY...fun in cabins, fun camping, fun fun fun all around...I'm so completely jealous...I'm so glad Jenny is alright!...Praise God!

Becca said...

Krissy- Yeah mine used to do that too... heehee you made me laugh though :) cant wait to see you

Mel-yes yes very fun stuff!!! heehee Jenny is a fighter and she's all good :)

Katie (Olivena) said...

YOUR ALIVE!! LOl, I missed you Becca

Lena said...

heyhey! I missed you too! Wow, how big is your family?

x Lena :)

PirateKayle said...

lol I love klutzy people. I'd have to say i'm one of them that sucks about Jenny's knee though. Best wishes on a fast recovery.

Becca said...

KT I love you boo!!! HAHA well then I miss you too

Lena- FRICKIN HUGE!!! haha my extended family is up and its all fun

Sair-DUDE yeah Jennys fine but how was Ash's sweet 16??